Subject: Re: Various Dreamcast offers seen this weekend; Q's about DC noise
To: Rob Healey <rhealey@norstar.com>
From: Shawn O'Shea <sko@eth0.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/05/2001 12:29:17
On Mon, 5 Feb 2001, Rob Healey wrote:

> FYI,
>
> 	Seen around town this weekend:
>
> 	1: BestBuy has a $119.00 offer for DC + 12 Genesis games ported to DC.
> 	   The units seemed to be from the June 2000 production run for the US.

This is the "Smash Pack" bundle from Sega.

> 	2: Circuit City has the $99.95 till tomorrow, Tuesday. Again, they
> 	   were June 2000 US production runs.

Sega officially marked down the DC price as of today to 99$. If a store
doesnt have it for 99$, you shouldnt buy it there ;)

> 	I believe June 2000 is one of the verified boots CD-R models; I think
> 	Jason(?) has one from this batch.

I recently asked on a forum, and the answer I got (paraphrased) was "only
certain special edition consoles in Japan have CD-R booting disabled",
although since I havent bought my DC, I'd love to get more than one source
confirming this before I buy mine.

> 	Anybody have a favorite source for the serial cable? I'd like to
> 	dabble on that end of things till the BBA arrives.

Plan on ordering this, but havent yet. The places i'm aware of that carry
it are:
www.lik-sang.com
www.gamechoiceclub.com
www.tototek.com

-Shawn

# ifconfig eth0.net "Shawn O'Shea" netmask 255.255.255.0 up
# route add -net smtp shawn@eth0.net
# route add -net http http://eth0.net