Subject: sega irc
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Casey O'Neill <aot77@yahoo.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/03/2001 23:57:38
Hi, i'm new to the mailing list and i thought i'd
introduce my self. I work for Sega, but i am not here
in any official capacity. i am an admin on
irc0.dreamcast.com, the sega irc server and have some
experience with *nix and BSD systems and i am
interested in the netbsd port to DC mainly because i
am interested in freesoftware/opensource/gpl(i'm still
not completely sure what the difference is) operating
systems and currently DC support for irc is not nearly
as good as it could be.
I have browsed through the mailing list archives and i
feel that this port could have a very good chance of
widespread use if it is easy enough for all DC users.
i have refered some of the users on our IRC server to
your site but unfortunatly it doesnt seem like the
port is at a point where it is easy enough for a
regular DC user.(this doesnt really suprise me as most
of them are on the internet for the first time with
their DC)
p.s. i am not a programmer although i am in the
process of learning C, but i would like to help in any
way that i can, i.e. ideas, documentation, that sort
of thing. this is the first
freesoftware/opensource/gpl project i have atempted
any participation in.