Subject: Re: Hardware Required for DC Port?
To: Harry S. Hawk <habs@panix.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/03/2001 13:47:55
Harry S. Hawk writes:
> Hi,
>
> I've been lurking mostly, following news on the Port.. My own interest
> is in Broadband Applications; the $99.00 Dreamcast (while they last),
> with the BB Adapter of course, is the cheapest commerically available
> web box.

Well, add $50 for keyboard/mouse.

> I'm eager to play with the port. Does anyone know what the hardware
> requirements are.. That is to say, are any of the optional attachments
> 'required'; for example, I would assume the Keyboard would be required.

Well, you don't really need a keyboard or serial cable now that the ethernet
works.  You can just build a kernel that automatically mounts root via
NFS and boots multi-user.  Then you can telnet into it.

But.. the keyboard is probably the best thing to get after the broadband
adapter.

> What about the Extra Memory units, Etc?

Not needed to boot NetBSD.  Where can you buy these?

-Andrew