Subject: Re: Compiled netbsd
To: Christopher Woytowiez <cgw007@bellatlantic.net>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/03/2001 01:16:51
Christopher Woytowiez writes:
> Where can I get a new compiled version of the dc-bsd with the BB-adaptor added? Does anyone have a site with it up?
> Please let me know .... thanks.

Ok, go to:
	http://www.roadsign.com/dc/

The files are:
	MD5SUMS			== md5 *
	netbsd.gz.bin		== compressed ELF kernel
	netbsd.zip		== CD image in DiscJuggler (freeware) format
	netbsd_bin.gz.bin	== compressed scrambled .BIN

The trailing ".bin" is just to aid downloading.
I have tested everything to at least boot, and NFS mount on my broadband
adapter.
NOTE: There is not root filesystem (e.g. no ramdisk, no CD files) available
with this.  Yes, this sucks, but the static binaries are big so I don't
want to post a 30MB image, etc.  If you have a unix box, just grab the
hpcsh snapshot and burn your own ISO image.  After booting the above
image or kernel, just swap the CD for your filesystem, and then select
the 'gdrom0' as the root device.

If you have a broadband adapter, just follow the normal diskless setup
instructions that are available at http://www.netbsd.org/, and use rtk0
as the root device.

I will still be looking at making a CD image with some binaries, but for
now you can at least see if your machine will boot. :-)

-Andrew