Subject: RE: newer browser
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Gary <gary@spiritwars.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 02/02/2001 16:20:26
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001, Richard Munn wrote:

> It *does*, just you can't choose your ISP settings using Dreamkey, and if
> you use a different ISP, you won't get into DreamArena, (or multiplayer game
> servers).

Actually, I've managed to get DHCP working from DreamKey 3.0 (included
with import PSO). The funny thing is that I can't tell if there's some
place to put a host name. It was putting some wacky characters in for
client-hostname but now it doesn't seem to be doing that today.

Here's an oddity... When I run an nmap port scan against the DC running
Pod Speedzone or Quake 3 Arena, the machine hangs at the very end -- maybe
during the OS fingerprinting attempt. I ran it twice just to make sure it
wasn't something else that froze my system. It doesn't work against
DreamKey 3.0 and I haven't tried PSO yet. Does anyone know if any of these
share the same TCP/IP stack? This is a potential bug report to Sega and/or
the respective title developers.

BTW, my Aug. '99 unit does boot CDs.

-Gary