Subject: Re: any support for wireless cards?
To: None <cyber@NetBSD.org>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/10/2007 02:58:43
cyber@NetBSD.org wrote:

> Last I checked attempting to boot off a slave drive using the second
> stage didn't pass parameters in correctly (it may load the right
> kernel, but then does the wrong thing with root).

Well, this can be easily fixed.
The problem is that it doesn't pass anything about boot device.

You could specify -a flag for RB_ASKNAME on boot prompt
with my recent patch, or we could update bootloader
and kernel to pass whole bootpath via BTINFO_BOOTPATH.
(sorry I only implemented functions I needed)

> Net booting using
> the second stage was completely non-functional.

We already have INSTALL kernel which can be loaded by the firmware.
If it's not enough, we could still have GENERIC_TINY or something.

kloader(4) could also fix these problems.
I had partially working kloader support, but I have not
written code passing bootinfo across reboot yet..

> I'm unhappy that those features were lost with the addition of the
> second stage boot.  (Despite cdi@ calling it a 1st stage, the firmware
> really is the first stage.)

Anyway, I don't think both situations are so general
than using wireless networks on the Cobalt Qubes
with single disk..
---
Izumi Tsutsui