Subject: Re: RQube2 stuck on fsck
To: Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>
From: Brian <brian-list@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 08/06/2007 11:51:53
On Aug 6, 2007, at 9:44 AM, Glyn Astill wrote:

> Well it's crashed before and fsck has only taken about 30 minutes
> max.
>
> Left it on all last night and it was still stuck on fsck this
> morning. Thats a good 8 hours, and I couldn't hear any disk activity.

For some reason the posts are coming up out of order for me, but
someone said likely fsck is at a prompt waiting for help;  fsck will
ask for operator intervention if there are certain problems found- or
it exits and says "rerun me with "these" options please".  It's not
the end of the world but you do need to tell it what to do else it
will happily sit forever.

You do need a null modem cable and then just hyperterm on the PC; for
a Mac laptop it works best to buy a keyspan usb-serial adapter and to
put a null modem adapter onto that.

Brian