Subject: Re: total weirdness? "cd dist"
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 04/02/2007 17:54:02
On 4/2/07, Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:
> Yes, the cdpath variable. From the tcsh manpage:
>
>       cd [dir ]
>       chdir [dir ]
>             Change the shell's working directory to directory dir.
>             If  no argument is given, change to the home directory
>             of the user. If dir is a relative pathname  not  found
>             in the current directory, check for it in those direc-
> ===>       tories listed in the cdpath variable. If  dir  is  the
>             name  of a shell variable whose value starts with a /,
>             change to the directory named by that value.

That's it. I had a /usr/src on my cobalt box, but not on my i386 box.
Here's the variable:

root@taz:/usr # echo $cdpath
/usr/src/sys /usr/src/bin /usr/src/sbin /usr/src/usr.bin
/usr/src/usr.sbin /usr/src/lib /usr/src/libexec /usr/src/share
/usr/src/local /usr/src/games /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin
/usr/src/gnu/usr.sbin /usr/src/gnu/libexec /usr/src/gnu/lib
/usr/src/gnu/games

I never knew of a such thing as $cdpath.

Andy