Subject: Re: Qube doesn't respond after a few minutes (current)
To: None <mips128@gmx.net>
From: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/03/2007 21:31:55
mips128@gmx.net wrote:

> Okay, it tried to build different ports:
>     1. cwm where it hang once during the configure script (looking for
> the compiler) and it hang during compiling gmake (or so) when I gave it
> another trie.
>     2. lsof while compiling

Hmm. Could you get DDB prompt on the freeze by sending
break signal from your terminal?

> It definitley didn't freeze during the test for pthread in the configure
> script. I will try to get back to 3.1 with a binary packages, if it's
> possible,  and then build current from source. I hope that the binary
> packages are just messed up.

Even if pkgsrc would have any problem, kernel should not hang anyway.
There are some locking fixes recently, so it might be worth to try
more recent kernels:
ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/HEAD/200702280002Z/cobalt/binary/kernel/
or kernels with options DIAGNOSTIC, DEBUG, LOCKDEBUG etc.
---
Izumi Tsutsui