Subject: Re: what do you do with your qube(s)?
To: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
From: Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/30/2007 13:21:03
--------------enig1F72E9E1D39CD135EF3E4BEB

Brian,

Brian McEwen wrote:
> Actually, that would be something I'd like to do with my current 3.5"
> drive as well- park and stop rotation with inactivity.  Can that be don=
e?

Note that if you have some server process that runs at intervals (such
as cron), your disk is going to be spinning-up all the time. For
instance, cron runs once a minute on my machines (and writes to syslog,
which dumps to the disk), so spinning down after 1 minute might not get
you anywhere.

-chris