Subject: Qube 2 - 1.6.1 and 3
To: 'list NetBSD Cobalt' <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Claudio Leiva S <cleivas@cox.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/07/2007 15:18:03
Hi guys:

This is kind of wired, for long time I battled with 3 and my Qube and at
last I give up because:

1: The recovery cd never went further than "formating root"

2: That opportunities when I was able to get a full format disk (installing
3 over 1.6.1 so 3 can use the partitioning scheme made for 1.6.1), the
network problems make my life miserable, even after I recompile the kernel
with "options	sosend_no_loan", I was never able to transfer more than 4 gb
and then the qube stops responding.

But last Friday I decided to give my Qube another opportunity this time with
1.6.1, and suprise, everything went so perfect that it is hard to believe.

1: 1.6.1 was able to format a blank 160 gb hard drive (no previous
partitions).

2: I was able to restore the complete backup of my data to the 160 gb hd
(almost 23 gb) without any problem, I never had to reboot the Qube.

So finally, any idea about what happend to me, is there any problem with 3
that make it inestable, because 1.6.1 runs solid like a rock.

Thanks.

Claudio Leiva
Las Vegas, Nevada
USA