Subject: System load?
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Glyn Astill <glynastill@yahoo.co.uk>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/08/2006 01:00:59
Hi people,

I've been using my Qube for a good few months now and I't's been
awhile since I fiddled with it, however it's been in use 24/7 as a
file server.

I've noticed in general it runs fine, however when copying large
volumes of data to it it seems to fall over.

For example I copied 40 gig of files over and it just stopped
responding after 35 gig, I rebooted it and once again after 17 is gig
it stopped responding again. Then a month I did a backup from
retrospect onto it, of 16 gig and it fell over again.

In each case I was able to get the data on by re-trying, and I'm not
sure if having and ssh console open running top seemed to help (I
know it's mental, but everytime I set something copying and keep an
ssh session up it seems to be okay).

Anyone else seen this / got any tips on sorting it?

Cheers
Glyn

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html