Subject: Re: LCD driver?
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: evan league <iam.someguy@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/28/2006 08:20:36
Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd <at> hub3.net> writes:

> On Thursday, April 3, 2003, at 01:55 AM, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Bryan Vyhmeister wrote:
> >> Apr  3 02:28:17 raq0 paneld[1545]: cannot attach to device hd44780,
> >> node /dev/lcd
> >>
> >> Any ideas what I can do to fix it? I was wondering if the 1.6.1 don't
> >> work because the patch was intended for 1.6. Any other explanations?
> >
> > Do you have /dev/lcd ?
> > What does ktrace of paneld (or whatever you run there) say?
>
> I have /dev/lcd and I changed the permission to 666 just in case.
>
> The ktrace of paneld is attached.
>
> Bryan
>

> Attachment (ktrace.out): application/octet-stream, 5697 bytes

kinda found a fix for this (at least in my case) i had /dev/lcd but in dmesg i
was getting panel0 but no panel device so i cd's into /dev/ then ./MAKEDEV panel
and it will create a panel0 device chmod 766 then changed /etc/paneld.conf from

.banner="/etc/paneld/banner.sh";
.devname="hd44780";
.devnode="/dev/lcd";

.banner="/etc/paneld/banner.sh";
.devname="hd44780";
.devnode="/dev/panel0";

then started paneld and boom worked :) hope this helps someone