Subject: Re: NetBSD 3.0
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Rowdy <rowdy@netspace.net.au>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/12/2006 20:59:40
Pete Rushmere wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I gave the 3.0 restore cd a try and the install went very well -
> cheers Rowdy - good job!
>
> Here's the question, does anyone have any 3.0 packages? I'm
> specifically looking for bash and perl 5. Being the lazy so-and-so
> that I am, I can't be bothered with compiling and all the errors that
> go with it...
>
> Regards, Pete

Pete,

When your Qube rebooted after install, was it able to obtain an IP
address from the DHCP server (the one running on the i386 PC with the
restore CD)?

Trying to track down a reason why this happens - many ppl, after the
reboot, see "IP 0.0.0.0" on the Qube's LCD and have to login via the
serial connection to set a real IP address.

Others (e.g. me) did not have that problem - my Qube was able to pick
up an IP address from the DHCP server, thus allowing login across the
network.

Thanx

Rowdy