Subject: Re: The Kernel Building Game...
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Peter_Fr=F6hlich?= <phf@cs.jhu.edu>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/26/2006 21:18:34
Hi all,

On Feb 26, 2006, at 18:42, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> Both ways should work, build.sh is just a fancy frontend.
> If you have trouble using build.sh, telling us WHAT error messages you
> get (including a few lines of context) would be very useful for
> helping you.

Sorry, I guess I was a little to agitated when I posted. :-/ The
strange thing is this: After I built a kernel using the "direct"
approach, I tried your suggestion.

> About rebuilding nbmake all the time: I agree that's annoying. I've
> found that specifying -T and a path to the tooldir suppresses that.

I used

./build.sh -u -T tooldir.NetBSD-3.0-mipsel/ kernel=ADJUSTED

and for some strange reason, now the whole thing worked out. I am not
sure whether it's the -T option or the fact that I built the kernel the
other way before.

I'll try to grab the sources from scratch again and go through the
whole build process over, this time keeping track of all error messages
I get.

Thanks for the helpful -T suggestion in any case! :-)

Cheers,
Peter
--
Peter H. Froehlich <><><><><><> http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~phf/