Subject: Re: Disk size limitation ?
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: None <nepenthes@cinci.rr.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 02/18/2006 14:21:11
> Is anyone running a RAQ2 with a disk of this size ?  I'm starting to
> feel that I may have hit a limit with this 80GB drive .. ?

  I have 120gb 7200 rpm seagate drives in two of my RAQ2s, both are
running netbsd 3.0.  I also have a 200gb drive in my other RAQ2 running
debian.  There doesn't seem to be any limit to the size of the drive
you can use other than power requirements.  I did a manual install on
the two running netbsd 3.0 though, so I can't vouch that big discs will
work with the auto-install cd.  I used the install script as a
reference from the netboot cd though and I didn't see anything in the
script offhand that would not work with large discs.  If all else fails
try doing a manual install if you have an extra unix machine to host
the nfs-root.  I just followed the instructions off the netbsd webpage.
It wasn't a hard install at all plus it got me motivated to learn about
disklabels.

-Jay