Subject: Re: Notes on 3.0 Install
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Froehlich <phf@cs.jhu.edu>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/30/2006 17:41:41
Hi all,

On Jan 30, 2006, at 12:17, Peter Froehlich wrote:

> However, it doesn't explain *why* the default setup after a 3.0
> install does not have working DHCP. I have installed again (since I
> got my shiny new drive) and it's the same as before: For some reason
> dhclient simply does not talk to the server.

I installed 1.6.2 and the output for dhclient there is *very* different
from the output I get under 3.0. So for some reason the whole dhclient
thing is broken in the 3.0 install from the restore CD, at least as far
as I can tell. However, I don't see how I can learn enough about DHCP
and the configuration in the next few days to fix it. :-/

Peter
--
Peter H. Froehlich <><><><><><> http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~phf/