Subject: Netbsd 3.0 and qube 1
To: port-cobalt@netbsd.org <port-cobalt@netBSD.org>
From: DEKENS Ray <Ray.DEKENS@Tenix.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/19/2006 11:06:30
Greetings

My qube 1 is down atm as i needed to steal the 120G drive out of it....
so this now provides an opportunity to attempt to roll it up to 3.0 via a r=
estore Cd.

So on to the questions -=20
I assumw 3.0 has not fixed the known issue with the hardware implementation=
 of the tulip
nic on the rev 1.0 hardware - which prevents booting -

This was gotten around with 1.6.x by fitting a 3com 905 in the pci slot and=
 using a kernel which then used this interface
rather than the tlp for the install process and opertation.

Has this been incorporated into the 3.0 restore for us few poor qube 1 user=
s ?
Can it be ?

Regards
Ray Dekens