Subject: Re: Compile PF in kernel on Cobalt is no go on 3.0
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Daniel Ouellet <daniel@presscom.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 01/06/2006 15:08:30
Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> 1) did you remove "options PFIL_HOOKS"? It seems needed, after
>    looking in src/sys/net/if.c:
>
>     #ifdef PFIL_HOOKS
>     struct pfil_head if_pfil;       /* packet filtering hook for
> interfaces */
>     #endif

That was it! I didn't uncommented it, I simply didn't put it in, in the
kernel configuration.

#options         PFIL_HOOKS      # pfil(9) packet filter hooks

Sorry for waisting your time. When I look at the man page and the kernel
configuration, I overlook that option assuming it had nothing to do with
pf and the man page for pfil didn't talk about pf and the reference in
the man page to bpf refer as well to the old Berkeley Packet Filter.

Even the man page for the man options(4) didn't say it for PF. So, I
wrongly assume the only two changes needed where the pseudo-device for
PF and that's it even if they were not included in the man page.

Bad assumptions on my part and stupid overlook I guess!

Thanks for putting me back in line!

It's now enable and working.

Best

Daniel