Subject: Re: NetBSD on Intel machines: dmesg
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/31/2005 21:30:34
On 10/31/05, Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu> wrote:

> Apparently it *is* possible to run NetBSD on the Intel-equipped
> Cobalt/Sun Raq machines, running of course NetBSD/i386 as opposed to
> NetBSD/cobalt, which is for the Cobalt cube and raq machines with MIPS
> CPUs:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=3D8828137&forum_id=
=3D36910

Yeah, someone had posted that link to the custom rom at some point.
That's nice work.

It would be really cool to get the Intel stuff working, because there
seems to be a lot of it around and it has more ability than the mips
stuff. Even though it is cool to use mips stuff because it's
different... But on an Intel box I could really do something useful. I
really tried with this mips one but I just can't make it do enough to
be my server.

I suppose if the kernel boots and the hardware isn't a huge deal to
support, it would be nice to make this a little more public. Is it
worth calling it another port? Don't know...

Andy