Subject: Re: -current currently safe for -cobalt?
To: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/28/2005 07:34:21
On 10/28/05, Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi;
>

> I've running -current from the last netboot CD that was so nicely
> built , early July I think (did any of that info ever make it onto
> the official netbsd site??) with a -current pkgsrc from about the
> same time.
>
> Is it safe to update my pkgsrc at this time?  I've occasionally read
> of some issues on the main -netbsd mailing list.

If I understand what you're asking, then it's OK to run any level of
pkgsrc with any level of NetBSD. pkgsrc is supposed to be platform and
OS independent. Just as long as you know what level of pkgsrc you are
running, and what level of kernel you built stuff with, etc (but this
doesn't really matter as long as you keep the compat options in the
kernel).

Andy