Subject: Lock ups with Samba 3.0.14 and NetBSD 2.0.2
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Sean Lennon <sean@seanlennon.co.uk>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/25/2005 18:20:49
Hi All,

I've recently replaced my faulty drive (200Gb) with a new one (500Gb).  I
decided to forgo the use of the Promise Ultra100 TX2 IDE card in favour of
quieter cooling from a PCI slot fan, i.e. single large drive instead of the
Rushmere solution.

Unfortunately I'm experiencing quite a few lockups when transferring large
quantities of data to the Qube, these manifest themselves at random periods
but seem to allow about 5-40Gb to be transferred before the Qube locks up.

I've looked through the mailing list and though there seems to be a number
of you who have experienced something similar I can't locate a definitive
solution to the problem.  Should I switch back to the Rushmere solution and
put up with a noisy 40mm fan, or should I investigate moving back to 1.6.1
or an older version of Samba? ...or is there something else I could
consider?

Thanks in advance,

Sean.