Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_Blank_LCD_after_2.0_install?=
To: Kevin Jordan <krjordan@348north.com>
From: Andreas Schaefer <AndiSHFR@gmx.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/13/2005 11:07:53

Hi.

The device node originally created with the restore cd for the lcd panel
does not work correct. I do not know why but i came around this problem by
using /dev/panel0 and linking /dev/lcd to it.

Login as root and type the following:

sh /dev/MAKEDEV panel
rm /dev/lcd
ln -s /dev/panel0 /dev/lcd

to login you can use the restore cd by simply letting it run.
So your cobalt gets the ip from the restore cd's dhcp again. (like when it
was netbooting for installation) but starts up from the local harddrive.

Wait a bit to keep the cobalt comming up.
Now use rsh to shell into the cobalt.

You can have a look at the dhcp's lease file to see what ip the cobalt
has. After a short sneak at dhcp.conf of the restore cd i
would guess it should be

   172.31.0.55

BTW: I saw that /nfsroot/etc/fstab of the restorecd mounts
from 10.0.0.254 instead from 172.31.0.26.

This came form the original restore cd (forgot about this) but the
dhcpd.conf works in network 172.31.0.0/16... hmmm.

I will fix that this evening and release a new cd (and i will
test it on my raq2 including the rsh access after installation).

Greetings and sorry
Andi