Subject: modem on Qube2
To: port-cobalt <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Brian McEwen <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/10/2005 21:45:43
Hi all;

What's the best way to put a modem on a Qube2?

It seems I'll have to turn off the serial console, or redirect it -
the latter  might not be a good idea- or would I be better off to
find a compatible internal serial card?

I'd rather add an internal USB modem using the nice directions from a
member of this list; can I expect to have good luck using a USB 56k
modem with an internal USB card using
-current?

I'd like to set this up as a dedicated fax receiver using hylafax
(which just finished building) with occasional use of a big USB hard
drive.

My preference would be to do it all via USB, to make maximum use of
the single card slot.

Thanks for thoughts;

Brian