Subject: Large hard drives in Raq2/+
To: Kevin Jordan <krjordan@348north.com>
From: David Albert <david_albert@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/04/2005 09:49:17
What large hard drives work well in a Raq 2?

I have a Raq2+ with the original 16GB drive.  I use it mostly as a file
server and would like to put a larger hard drive in it.  I've noticed that
most large drives consume quite a bit more power than the stock 16GB
IBM-DTTA-351680 that came with it and vaguely recall reading that placing a
larger load on the Raq2 power supply can cause problems .  Has anyone
replaced their drive with a larger one (>=120GB) and had it run for some
time without problems?  Has anyone had problems with larger drives?  If you
would share details (drive/model), I would appreciate it.  Thanks!