Subject: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_lags_with_Updated_RestoreCD_iso_image.?=
To: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
From: Andreas Schaefer <AndiSHFR@gmx.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/02/2005 16:05:18
To shed some light on the updated restore cd:

The only thing updated on the newer restore cd where the
install sets that you could normally be found under

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-2.0/cobalt/binary/sets/

Have a look at the cd. i left the original dir tree on it.

So the installer for the cobalt (the one that gets netbootet) is
the original one.

Only the packages (base.tgz, comp.tgz, etc.tgz) are replace with a
release i made with a source tree date of may 14th 2005.

I pulled the sources from

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/

on 13th or 14th of May.

I will fetch the current sources, will try to make
a release and an updated restore cd...

I installed a RaQ2 (raq3.s-zone.org) with this sets and the
raq is working very well - no lagging.
i plugged in a 30 GB IBM HD and also this is working very well.