Subject: How to compile PHP5 with support for zlib and MySQL?
To: port-cobalt <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Carsten Pache <newsabo@gmx.info>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 05/31/2005 11:26:43
Hi all,

can anybody give me a hint on how to compile PHP5 with support for
zlib and MySQL?

I successfully (read: I got no error messages) installed zlib and
MySQL from source on my Qube (running NetBSD 2.0). I also had a look
at /usr/pkgsrc/lang/php5/Makefile and /usr/pkgsrc/lang/php5/Makefile.php.

In the latter I found several CONFIGURE_ARGS arguments, one was set to

   CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --without-mysql

I guess I have to set this one to

   CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --with-mysql

but do I also need to provide a path to the mysql installation dir?
How do I find out which path I have to use?

I have the same problem with zlib support. I think I have to add
something like

   CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --with-zlib

but again: Do I need to add a directory path, and which one is the
correct path?

--
Regards
Carsten