Subject: Re: routing issue
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Aaron Webster <aaronweb@iinet.net.au>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 05/26/2005 21:01:14
Thanks for your reply matthew,
This was not the problem however as i had this set in /etc/sysctl.conf.
I have managed to figure out some more to the problem but still find
myself unable to fix it. The problem is not the routing tables but
appears to be a NAT issue. I have recompiled the kernel a heap of
times and still nat will not work. i have made sure anything remotely
connected to ipnat/filters is turned on in the kernel. When i try to
start /etc/rc.d/ipnat i get a heap of errors like
/dev/ipnat : open : no such file or directory

I have not found any reference in the pkgsrc tree to ip_filters which
incorporates ipnat. The ipfilters and ipnat files are in the source
tree for the kernel build but they dont appear to be setting up on
the builds. I have found an old copy of ip_filters which states it
can be installed on netbsd 1.2 but im thinking this will probably be
to old to run safely under the newer 1.6.2 version that i have
installed.

if theres anyone who knows where to get a new source for the
ipfilters, another software app to do the same job or how to make the
one installed working please let me know.

Thanks

Aaron