Subject: data corruption and pmap and such
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org, port-mips@netbsd.org>
From: Justin Newcomer <liquidice5@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 04/30/2005 14:00:33
Sorry if this is a bad question, but I subscribe to the mailing lists
for port-cobalt and port-mips and i remember all the problems people
were having with data corruption and the pmap_unwire errors.

so my question is, i am running a cobalt qube 2 with the netbsd 2.0 kernel
01:47:08 ~ # uname -a
NetBSD caspar 2.0 NetBSD 2.0 (QUBE) #0: Sun Mar 20 01:20:03 UTC 2005=20
root@caspar:/usr/src/sys/arch/cobalt/compile/QUBE cobalt

every now and then i see the pmap_unwire error come up on the serial
terminal prompt
01:56:15 /stuff # cat messages.1 | grep unwire
Apr  5 10:56:26 caspar /netbsd: pmap_unwire: wiring for pmap
0x80643460 va 0x7fff8000 didn't change!
Apr  5 10:56:31 caspar /netbsd: pmap_unwire: wiring for pmap
0x80643460 va 0x7fff8000 didn't change!
Apr 12 03:30:19 caspar /netbsd: pmap_unwire: wiring for pmap
0x80643320 va 0x10056000 didn't change!
Apr 12 03:31:16 caspar /netbsd: pmap_unwire: wiring for pmap
0x80643320 va 0x10106000 didn't change!
Apr 14 01:10:05 caspar /netbsd: pmap_unwire: wiring for pmap
0x80643640 va 0x10024000 didn't change!

What should the normal netbsd user do to fix this problem, is there a fix?
is the current and or the 2.0 kernel sources from netbsd fixed?

I have obviously recompiled my kernel once, but that was to fix other thing=
will recompiling again with the -current fix any issues?

i read all the messages in the "pmap_unwire: wiring ... didn't
change!" thread, but i did not exactly understand what was going on,
and which patches were "experiments" and which ones the masses should
apply

any help would be greatly appreciated

-justin