Subject: RE: New guy with lost of questions
To: Riccardo Carchedi <riccardo@riccy.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 04/11/2005 23:09:49
On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Riccardo Carchedi wrote:
>   272 ktrace   CALL  execve(0x7fffe460,0x7fffe938,0x7fffe948)
>   272 ktrace   NAMI  "/usr/pkg/bin/amp"
>   272 ktrace   NAMI  "/usr/libexec/ld.elf_so"
>   272 amp      EMUL  "netbsd"
>   272 amp      RET   execve JUSTRETURN
>   272 amp      CALL  mprotect(0x5ffe0000,0xd000,0x7)
>   272 amp      RET   mprotect 0

Is that all? If so, what does "ls -l /usr/pkg/bin/amp" say?
If not, how does the log go on? Feel free go gzip it and put it up
somewhere on the web & tell me the URL... the error is probably somewhere
near the end. :)

> I'm pretty new to all this Linux stuff. I mainly was involved with Windows
> I will try to do my best to understand and help out to get this little qube
> singing :)

Linux? NetBSD is not Linux. At best it's Unix. Please do some research on
the relationship between the three. Maybe there's a start - notice where
Linux and NetBSD are in the overal history of Unix:
http://www.feyrer.de/SA/images/unix-history2.gif

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)