Subject: Re: Kernel compile issues - problems problems!
To: Carsten Pache <newsabo@gmx.info>
From: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 04/04/2005 14:40:44
Buttons are controlled by daemon which polls lcd device and evaluates
button presses. I am not sure if this daemon is working on 2.0 but it
does work 1.6.2. It is copied on to hard drive during installation.

Indicating of proper power off state could be a problem. It can be done
by writing in to panel device from the kernel but this is impossible
without a kernel patch. One option could be is to write a message right
before shutdown and wait a few seconds after the message appears.
I will look in to this option.

The eth led always worked for me as Andre pointed out. Lucky for me I
dont have to power off that often.

Thanks,
Alex