Subject: Re: Shared object "libssl.so.2" not found
To: Claudio Leiva S <cleiva@mindspring.com>
From: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/30/2005 11:04:47
My advice would be to rebuild apache from source using pkgsrc. This way
you will avoid all the compatibility problems.
I tried to run some software from 2.0 on 1.6.2 and had nothing but
trouble. I would imagin it works both ways.

I think cobalt owners should organize compile farms where each person
would recompile some packages and share them with other people. We could
put together list of packages that everyone wants compile them and
distribute them via bittorrent or something like that. Everyone benefits.

Thanks,
Alex