Subject: Installing NetBSD 2.0 - second harddisk affected?
To: port-cobalt <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Carsten Pache <newsabo@gmx.info>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/29/2005 14:18:06
As my Qube II crashed several times during file transfers via Samba (I
upgraded NetBSD 1.6.1 to 2.0 but it seems I missed something special -
file transfers using Samba froze my Qube II after transferring a few
files - this never happened with NetBSD 1.6.1) and left the boot drive
in an unusable state, I now want to install NetBSD 2.0 using the
restore CD 2.0-1.

My Qube II currently contains two disks. Will the second one be
affected when NetBSD is installed using the restore CD? Or will the
restore CD use only the first drive, leaving the second one in the
state that it already is?

Of course, I could disconnect the second drive during installation in
order to be absolutely sure that only the first drive will be touched
by the restore CD. But most of you know the procedure of opening and
closing the Qube's housing (although it is not really difficult).

--
Regards
Carsten