Subject: Re: Cobalt Qube2 as a wlan AP.
To: port-cobalt@netbsd.org <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Bramley <brams@mac.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/18/2005 16:40:38
On 18/3/05 3:23 pm, "Thomas Feddersen" <Thomas.Feddersen@t-online.de> wrote=
:

> Nice idea, I'm also considering that. Here's the links I've collected:
>=20
> http://www.live.com/wireless/unix-base-station.html
> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/wavelan.html
> http://www.muine.org/~hoang/netap.html
> http://www.bsdforen.de/showthread.php?t=3D3269
>=20
> Please post your experiences.
> I wonder whether it will be possible to suspend the disk and pull the fan=
> make the qube dead silent.
>=20
> Thomas
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
On
> Behalf Of Laurens Vets
> Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2005 7:18 PM
> To: port-cobalt@NetBSD.org
> Subject: Cobalt Qube2 as a wlan AP.
>=20
>=20
> Hi all,
>=20
> Seen the recent threads regarding, PCI to PCMCIA adapters, NetBSD-2.0
> Cobalt restore cd etc...  I think it's time to resurrect my Qube2 :) I'm
> currently looking for a wireless access point, but can't I use the
> Qube2 for this?  How feasable is this idea?
>=20
> Greetings,
> Laurens
>=20

Pete Rushmere posted how to make a Cobalt run from a Compact Flash card a
few weeks back, I'd imagine that would to the job nicely.

--=20
Once asked why he often hires new graduates to help him with early R&D work
(designing Cray=B9s super computers), Seymour Cray replied, "Because they
don't know that what I'm asking them to do is impossible, so they try.