Subject: PCI to PCMCIA adapters
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/09/2005 06:33:48
Has anyone tried any of these types of products?  That would be a nice
way to add cards to a Qube, you can get twin adapters so you could try
USB and firewire PCMCIA cards at the same time.  Or even if we'd be
limited to using one at a time, it would still be easier to switch
cards around since you would not have to open up the case.  Like the
ELAN P111 <http://www.elandigitalsystems.com/adapter/p111.php>.

It looks like some support started in NetBSD 1.5?
<http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?cbb+4+NetBSD-current>

Does it work OK on the Qube?

I just happen to have a bunch of PCMCIA cards hanging around gathering
dust :) so the cost for one adapter to make a few of them work on the
Qube would not be unreasonable to think about.

Thanks,

Brian