Subject: Re: Anyone care to post if restore cds work ?
To: Alex Pelts <alexp@broadcom.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@NetBSD.org>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/08/2005 08:28:53
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Alex Pelts wrote:

> Vadim,
> You are second person to report this problem.
> This is great. This means it mostly worked. I don't know what this /dev
> filesystem is, it is not present in my 1.6.2. It is also means that 1.6.2
> should work just fine. Anyone can confirm this ?
>
> As soon as I find out how to fix the /dev problem I will build anoter 2.0
> restore cd. If anyone can recommend a fix looking at the output I would be
> happy to incorporate it.
> Partition table looks about right - 20% for var 5% for tmp, the rest is for
> root.
>
> /dev is new to 2.0 and the fact that it boots means we can make it work.

 	init checks for a populated /dev, and if not found will mount
 	a memoy filesystem on /dev/ and run /dev/MAKEDEV. It looks like
 	you have two issues:
 		a) init is creating too small a filesystem
 		b) it believes /dev is not populated :)

 	If you have time it would be useful to play with changing the
 	mfs size in init so the mfs created is big enough - if you want
 	to let me know what values work I'll update the master source :)