Subject: Re: Anyone care to post if restore cds work ?
To: Justin Newcomer <liquidice5@gmail.com>
From: Daniel Ouellet <daniel@presscom.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 03/08/2005 00:07:35
Justin Newcomer wrote:
> interesting
>
> i have let bit torrent run on my other server
> and its share ratio for the 2.0 cd is much higher than the share ratio
> for the 1.62 cd

My server doesn't run the bit torrent stuff. It's regular file download
via http.

http://netbsd.ouellet.biz

> I just run a webserver, dns, and samba on my qube, and it works fine @
> 1.6.1, every now and then it crashes to the db> prompt, but its not a
> HUGE biggie
>
> so...
> should the normal qube user keep 1.6.1, go to 1.6.2 or go to 2.0

Haven't run the 2.o yet, so I can't tell for sure. Reading the
difference and improvement in performance, I would definitely say 2.0,
but that's strictly based on my reading of various archive.

As for the Cobalt, so far the feedback is that 2.0 doesn't crash
anymore. Again, only based on archive feedback.

I will get a 2.0 working somehow soon. Then I have about 20 or so of
these baby to put 2.0 on them. So, they sure will get a good run after
it's working.

Daniel