Subject: Re: success with netbsd-2-0?
To: Markus W Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/12/2004 12:51:05
Markus W Kilbinger wrote:
> Looks very similar to the problems I have:
>
>   http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-cobalt/2004/11/09/0000.html
>
> (which makes hardware failure quite unlikely... :-))

Indeed.

> Reading all the comments there seem to be problems with cobalts pci
> and some r5k cache handling present which are not solved, yet.

Given that the qube2 runs fine (for rather slow values of fine) with
NetBSD 1.6.2, I'm wondering if there's an easy way to just disable the
new secondary cache support until it can be sorted out.

--
Jamie Heilman                     http://audible.transient.net/~jamie/
"...thats the metaphorical equivalent of flopping your wedding tackle