Subject: Re: postgre semaphores
To: Jebus <lordjebus@gmail.com>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 12/02/2004 05:43:11
On Wednesday, December 1, 2004, at 09:08 AM, Jebus wrote:

> Not sure what went wrong. After building my kernel it didn't come back
> up after rebooting. When I used the serial cable I didn't see any
> errors during the boot sequence.  I'll have to try and capture the
> boot messages to post here unless there is something else I should
> grab that would be more informative.

Sorry for the lag in my reply, I thought someone more informed would
have posted with more to offer.

Did you get the errors captured yet?

If you hold down all 4 cursor buttons on the back at boot  you can boot
into an alternate kernel /usr/games/.doug which will let you limp
along, I think.  I've not tried it myself.  That kernel is on the /ext2
partition.  There might be some limitations to working with it, I think
I've read that this is the case, but you hopefully have a backup copy
of the working real kernel that you can just cp back.

HTH.  Do share what you end up trying, I'm sure that (I at least :)
will refer to it sometime in the future.

Brian

--
WARNING! Acme constructs each Klein Bottle from genuine Baryonic
matter. Do