Subject: Re: Qube 1 (2700) Issues Revisited
To: Michael Freeman <mlfreeman@gmail.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/30/2004 13:18:24
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 14:52:00 -0500, Michael Freeman <mlfreeman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've got a Qube 1 (2700WG I think) that boots up to a blinking cursor
> on the LCD, no matter what I do.
> The unit now has adequate power (turns out that I wasn't providing
> enough amperage previously -- but that didn't affect anything) and
> I've tested it with multiple drives.
> I have a CacheRaQ 2 also, with a netbsd 1.6.2 custom kernel copied to
> all the "vmlinux" names that the various Cobalt firmwares look for.
> I've also tried yanking RAM in and out in case one stick is bad.
> I'm far from an expert at soldering stuff, so I haven't tried building
> the serial adapter to see what (if anything) that says...and don't
> want to spend the money on the chips yet if someone can help me out
> here (even if it's just more things to try before I end up building
> the console adapter anyway).

Unless someone knows what a blinking cursor is, you probably dont'
have any choice but to hook up a console.

Well, wait a minute. I'm speaking from Qube 2 knowledge. It actually
has a firmware and a diagnostic routine you can run from the console.
But I'm not sure if the Qube 1 even has this? If not, you probably
don't want to bother with a console if it isn't going to log anything
useful anyway.

Andy