Subject: Re: NetBSD installed outside of the Qube2 world
To: Colin Raven <duiker@haggis.nl>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/21/2004 22:38:03
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, Colin Raven wrote:
> Right now stuff is working...errmmmm...'well enough' but I wondered if anyone
> could share their thoughts on the matter.

First issue you'll encounter in such a scenario would be different schemes
for disk partitioning and booting. Funny enough, the cobalt machines use a
DOS MBR scheme just as i386, so no sweat there. For booting, you'll need a
linux (mbr) partition, which contains the (netbsd) kernel,with the right
name and an ext2fs on it (because the cobalt "BIOS" cannot read anything
else).

After that, you can proceed pretty much as usual, just extract/cross-build
the right binaries.

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)