Subject: Re: editing lcd on cobalt qube
To: None <port-cobalt@NetBSD.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/16/2004 06:52:33
On Tuesday, November 16, 2004, at 04:39 AM, Matthew Reed wrote:

> As we all know the cobalt qube 2 has a 2x16 character LCD display, and
> most people aren't aware that this can't display whatever you want. To
> edit this to your liking, do the following.

Just a comment, that little LCD panel sucks up a fair amount of CPU
time, especially for our Qubes.

Note the difference in system average load (via top) with paneld
running, vs. not running.

You can toggle paneld in rc.conf.

Brian

--
WARNING! Acme constructs each Klein Bottle from genuine Baryonic
matter. Do