Subject: Re: Webmin on Qube2/NetBSD 1.6
To: John Cobb <johnc@nobytes.com>
From: Colin Raven <duiker@haggis.nl>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/15/2004 08:11:10
John Cobb wrote:

> Has anybody managed to install Webmin (or a similar program) on there
> Qube2?

Yes! It was one of the first apps I installed. Got the tarball from a
webmin.com mirror, untarred it,
.and there it was, ready to go. I ran the webmin config script which
asks for a *few* items of information, edited miniserv.pl for one item
(port number, I *think*) and that was that, webmin was ready to go.
/etc/rc.d edited to get webmin to start at boot time...and that was that.

> I went to install it then I realised I had no Perl installed….
>
> And installing perl, well it didn’t work very well… Has anybody
> managed to install Perl 5?

That *is* interesting,
I assumed Perl wasn't installed on my qube2 also, only to discover it
was by default which surprised the heck out of me. I expected I would
have to install it. This is slightly worrying that you don't have
it.....are you *sure* you don't?? what is the output of perl -v
perhaps you could elaborate on what you meant by the perl installation
didn't go very well. Did you install it from /usr/pkgsrc/lang/perl58?
what happened?

-Colin