Subject: Re: Networking Question
To: <>
From: Christopher Schultz <christopher.d.schultz@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/07/2004 11:10:12
--------------enigBBFFE8806F6B49AD3A57E9E4

All,

>> On the subject of networking, does anyone know if it's possible to
>>  combine the two NICs to one IP to allow link aggregation, ie a
>> single IP with double the bandwidth?
>
> This _would_ be rather nice to know.....

I believe that the Linux kernel comes with an optional driver to do this
kind of thing. I wouldn't be suprised if it's in the NetBSD kernel
somewhere. If not, some enterprising kernel hacker can use the Linux
code as a starting point.

> can either of the onboard Qube2 NIC's perform at full duplex - and if
> so, how would one instruct them to do so?

I would assume that since this was supposed to be a network appliance,
and came with 2 NICs, that they would both be full-duplex, all the time.
It wouldn't be a very good router without that capability.

-chris