Subject: Qube2 power supply polarity (mildly off-topic)
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel C. Sinclair <daniel.c.sinclair@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/06/2004 14:35:28
Hi everyone.

I just bought a Cobalt Qube2 (well actually I got the Gateway
MicroServer version) off of eBay so I could run NetBSD on it.  It's
never been used and I got it for only $96 USD!  The only problem is
that it did not come with a power supply, so I also bought an HP
F1044B laptop power supply which has the same output.  This of course
will not plug into the Qube2 so I searched around the internet and
managed to find and order the correct Kycon KPP-3P connector.

The problem is that I don't know how to wire the power supply to the
connector.  There are three pins on the connector, but it looks like
the Qube2 only uses two of them.  I can't find any indication on the
motherboard or in any documentation that points to which pin is
positive and which is negative.

Could someone here test their power supply with a multimeter and let
me know the results? Just so there's no miscommunication on which pin
is which I've put the KPP-3P connector specifications here:
http://www.victoria.tc.ca/~dcs/kpp.pdf.  Thanks!

Daniel

PS: Sorry this post is a bit off-topic but I can't contribute much
until I get this thing running!