Subject: Re: success with netbsd-2-0?
To: Jamie Heilman <jamie@audible.transient.net>
From: dieter <dieter.NetBSD@pandora.be>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/02/2004 10:24:53
On Sat, 30 Oct 2004, Jamie Heilman wrote:

> Has anyone had notable success with netbsd-2-0 on thier Cobalt
> hardware yet?  I built an rc4 kernel the other day, it booted but the
> serial console didn't work, and when I tried to FTP a file my qube2
> just rebooted.  I tried to build another kernel with the debugger
> enabled, but despite being under the size limits it wouldn't even
> boot.  All I was able to capture from the crash was:

Hmm. Then maybe my raq2's serial port isn't broken after all. I ony ever
tried using it on 2.0. I can also make it reboot by ftp'ing but I don't
have any details about it because of the lack of console...

Is your serial port recognised, ie visible in dmesg? I'll try booting a
1.6.2 kenrel later this week to see if it works then...

kind regards,
dieter

--
 	For Speedy CVS Updates of your NetBSD trees check
 		http://moon.vub.ac.be/scu