Subject: Re: STUPID!!! (Yes, that's me!)
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Colin Raven <duiker@haggis.nl>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 11/02/2004 01:13:36
Andy Ruhl wrote:

>You want fun? You want to drive your wife nuts? Install NetBSD on a
>Sega Dreamcast. I learned so much about machines and booting that I
>doubt there's much that can stand in my way when in comes to
>installing an OS now... Most of the rest of the machines I've tried
>are absolute child's play. Running back and forth between the TV room
>and the computer room was quite fun. For me anyway. Probably made my
>wife and that cats nuts though.

Andy, you're almost at the cash register stage...beware.
"I have a used NCR Sears cash register in my basement...hmmmm, wonder if
I can install IRIX on that?"
not-terribly-tangentially:
My cat is on a shelf about 4 feet above my desk regarding me balefully
[anthropomorphization mode = ON]
"I'll get you for this"
[anthropomorphization mode = OFF]
She had obvious plans to sleep on my desk chair tonight, the Qube
thwarted those plans. I'd better put a plastic sheet over the 'lil guy
later in case she...errrr.....takes revenge.

>You can buy a Dreamcast for under $20 now BTW. But I think the
>(required) network adapter is still over $100. Funny how that works,
>huh? Luckily I still use mine for what it's original purpose was so
>it's not all a complete waste...

HAHAHAHAHA!! The razor is free, blades cost...$[...]

>These Qubes are cool, but I can't imagine trying to use one without
>the serial console.

I *cannot* begin to descibe my chagrin (back whenever) at the moment of
discovery, when I realized the 'lil guy had a defunct serial port. Of
COURSE the warranty was expired...when else does one make these
illuminating discoveries?

Progress:

pkg_install is in
nano is in