Subject: NetBSD/Cobalt and web-published databases
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Brian <bmcewen@comcast.net>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 10/17/2004 21:47:30
Hi all;

I'd asked once in the past about getting dbases on the web from NetBSD;
I have just read about a seeming cost-effective tool to convert from
FilMaker Pro 4 format (which I was using on an old Mac to web-publish a
small dbase) to a format that you can use with MySQL or PostgreSQL of
others (
http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/fmpro_migrator/index.html> )
so I"m going to try it.

Is anyone using PostgresSQL on their Qube/ NetBSD 1.6.1?
It's in pkgsrc as v. 7.4 I think, it's been ages since I updated so I
am going to do that shortly.
But something being in pkgsrc doesn't _always_ mean it works OK in all
ports.

I'm happy to take other suggestions, too; this will get minimal use,
and I spend about 60 hrs a week on my real job; this is just for fun.
I don't care about a fancy setup, just runnable, and readable, and
reasonably secure.

Thanks for thoughts;

Brian
--
WARNING! Acme constructs each Klein Bottle from genuine Baryonic
matter. Do