Subject: Re: What kernel am I using?
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/14/2004 23:58:56
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> kernel, so I know that's the one I'm running. Why does the login
> report 1.6.1 (GENERIC)?

Because your /etc/motd still says 1.6.1, and  you may have update_motd=no
in /etc/rc.conf or you never went to multiuser mode with that kernel.

> Also, what actual files to I need in the linux /boot directory? I'm
> seeing all kinds of .gz stuff, but I believe all I need is the
> netbsd.gz file right?

Looking at http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/cobalt/faq.html#boot, I'd say
/boot/vmlinux.gz (or /boot/vmlinux_RAQ.gz or /boot/vmlinux_raq-2800.gz).
(At least that's for what the firmware loads... I didn't follow
netbsd/cobalt development, and if it got a 1st/2nd stage bootloader in the
last 2-3 years, that information may be different :).

 - Hubert

--
                         ,,_
If wishes were wings,  o"   )~  would fly.            -- Go www.NetBSD.org!