Subject: CacheQube?
To: None <port-cobalt@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-cobalt
Date: 07/12/2004 17:28:56
I still don't know if I'm getting my Qube, but I see this CacheQube
out there now for cheap.

Problem is, it only has 1 built in ethernet adapter, and no serial
port. That's 2 strikes right there. I really would want those 2 things
so I'll hold off. Still, this might make a neat project. Too bad
there's only a day on it or I might consider it if I don't get a solid
update about the Qube I have bought (but not received).

I think these are MIPS based right? The documentation doesn't say, but
the CacheRaq does say that it's a "superscalar 64 bit" processor or
something similar, so I assume this one is too. Plus I think they
changed the chassis for the i386 ones... Funny that it's slightly
different in configuration than the Qube. Guess they wanted to save
that little bit of money on the extra adapter and serial port...

Andy